As a member of the Hawaii Rainbow Chamber, you have an opportunity for your business to apply to become an LGBT Business Enterprise® (LGBTBE®), through the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. By becoming a certified LGBTBE, business are able to build relationships with America's leading corporations, generate prospective business and clients, and collectively team with each other for contracting opportunities. As corporate America becomes more inclusive and further diversifies its supply chain, certification offers the opportunity for LGBT-owned businesses to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
The Hawaii Rainbow Chamber of Commerce is a registered 501(c)6 Non-Profit organization that exists to foster and promote a positive image of LGBT persons as well as the economic development and vitality of LGBT businesses and the businesses and professional organizations that support them, and, to facilitate the personal, professional and social growth of its Members via the exchange of ideas, resources, information and networking opportunities throughout the State of Hawaii.
Why is ‘certification’ important?
Certification as an LGBTBE gives your business the opportunity to compete for sourcing contracts with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) Supplier Diversity Corporate Partners.
These corporate partners are committed to creating a diverse supply chain that is inclusive of LGBT certified businesses and have targeted amounts of spending with diverse business enterprises. Obtaining your business LGBT certification is a necessary element of gaining access to these millions of corporate, federal, state and municipality dollars, and it also includes the following additional benefits:
* National recognition by America’s top corporations as a certified LGBT Business Enterprise
* Eligibility to exhibit at the annual NGLCC International Business and Leadership Conference as well as regional and local LGBTCC events.
* Automatic inclusion in the HIRCC and the NGLCC’s online searchable database of certified businesses which is accessible by LGBTCC and NGLCC Corporate Partners.
* Use of the NGLCC Certified Business logo on your marketing materials that identifies your business as a certified LGBT Business Enterprise to the NGLCC’s national network of affiliated LGBT Chambers and all corporate partners.
* Eligibility to receive sourcing opportunity emails from the NGLCC / HIRCC and its corporate partners.
* Eligibility to personally connect and build relationships with fellow LGBTBEs across the nation, internationally, and with corporate partners and organizational allies.
* Eligibility to participate in mentorship programs, leadership trainings, and scholarship opportunities presented by the NGLCC Corporate Partners.
Business Case for LGBT Inclusion:
Many companies, government and state agencies as well as local municipalities provide workplace benefits for LGBT employees, consciously market to LGBT customers, and provide support for LGBT non-profits; but it is a completely different level of commitment for these same organizations to not only BE LGBT-friendly, but to also BUY LGBT-friendly and be able to prove it through a LGBTBE database.
One of the primary initiatives of the Hawaii Rainbow Chamber of Commerce is advocating for the immediate inclusion of LGBTBEs in the supply chains of all corporations as well as local, state, and federal agencies.
The playing field is only level when corporations and government agencies, both large and small, determine not to discriminate against businesses based upon the business owner’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
Increased inclusion efforts on the part of these corporations and government agencies help to bring more LGBTBEs better opportunities to bid on contracts and to become valued suppliers for their supplier diversity initiatives.
The economic impact of these new business opportunities help to build a more successful LGBT business community. As competent and capable LGBTBEs are awarded new corporate and government contracts, their growth fuels LGBTBEs to hire more staff and to contract with other LGBT and Allied businesses to provide secondary services to them.
These efforts, indirectly and directly create a more economically empowered LGBT community that benefits all.
Hawaii Rainbow Chamber of Commerce